- You're surrounded by mirrors. On every surface (except the floor).
- The bar in the squat rack is attached to the rack, moves only vertically, and has an un-optional weighted pulley system.
- The plates are scattered throughout the entire gym.
- The plates are in the leg press machine.
- There is a leg press machine.
- There are machines.
- The 2.5-kg plates are behind the 20-kg plates, which are mixed in with the 10-kg plates.
- Two words: metric system.
- The bench press rack is so low that it takes 75% of a full press just to get the bar out of the rack.
- The heaviest dumbbells are 10 kgs.
- The ceiling is too low for anyone taller than 5'6" to jump rope (double dutch would never work).
- It has one of these absurdly useless vibrating belt "exercise" machines that my grandma probably used in 1933 (which happens to occupied EVERY TIME I GO IN).
06 April 2010
You know you're in the wrong gym when ...